Slow-cooked in a blend of rich flavors, the mushrooms in this classic sauce stay tender, juicy, and delicious.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 (15 oz.) package fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove of fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup white wine (optional)
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in sauce pan. Add mushrooms and garlic. Stir to prevent sticking. Cook mushrooms, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low.
- Sprinkle mushroom mixture with flour. Stir well to incorporate so that all the flour is absorbed. Add water, white wine, and Worcestershire sauce to the skillet. Stir well to incorporate mushroom mixture with the additional liquids to make the sauce.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- This is a great topping for bison steaks!