Bleu Cheese High Plains Bison Filet
Bleu Cheese Crusted Bison Steak
Crusted bleu cheese adds stunning tangy flavor to a juicy bison filet. It’s an easy recipe with a beautiful presentation that pairs wonderfully with French frites.
- 4 (6 oz.) bison steak
- 5 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper
- 4 oz Bleu Cheese
- Preheat broiler.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle both sides of steaks with salt, and a generous amount of ground black pepper. Add to skillet, and cook about 4 minutes per side for medium doneness.
- Transfer steaks to a broiler pan, and top each with 1 oz. bleu cheese.
- Place on top rack of oven, and broil until a light crust forms on the bleu cheese.
- Remove from oven, and place on a serving platter; keep warm.
- In the same skillet you cooked the steaks, return to medium-high heat and add remaining 4 tablespoons of butter. Melt butter, and cook until it begins to turn a light brown color.
- Remove from heat, and spoon over crusted steaks.