Brown Ale Ginger Lime Marinade
Honey Ale Ginger Lime Marinade
This unusual combination of sweet and citrus creates a lovely tangy flavor with surprising depth. You may have to sample a few different honey brown ales to find the right one. Oh well…
- 1 (12 oz.) bottle of honey brown ale (or more depending on your research mission)
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/2 medium red onion, minced
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp whole grain mustard
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh, peeled, and minced ginger
- 1 tsp Tabasco brand pepper sauce, or for more bite, use chipotle pepper sauce
- Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Place steaks in one layer in a shallow baking dish, or in sealable food storage bags.
- Pour marinade over steaks evenly to ensure the surface is covered.
- Cover the casserole tightly with plastic wrap, or seal food storage bags.
- Place on the middle rack of the refrigerator. If you are using food storage bags, lay them flat on the rack.
- Halfway through the marinating process, turn the steaks over in the casserole dish, or turn over the food storage bags to ensure both sides of the steaks have equal exposure to the marinade.
- To cook, remove steaks from marinade, and place on a clean plate.
- To ensure your food safety, discard all of the marinade. Do not save or reuse it.