Ribeye with Red Wine Reduction
Bison Ribeye with Red Wine Reduction, and Wild Mushrooms
Wild mushrooms with a red wine reduction make for a warm, delicious dish, perfect for the holidays or any special occasion. An exclusive Chef John Tesar recipe.
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 6 oz Bison Ribeye Steak
- 8 oz assorted or seasonal wild mushrooms
- 1/4 cup minced shallot
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp red wine
- 8 oz beef stock or Demi glacé
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, mix together the paprika, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and thyme. Sprinkle onto each side of the Bison steaks, pressing in, so it adheres. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shallots; cook and stir for about 1 minute. Add the mushrooms, and cook for a few more minutes, until tender. Stir in the red wine, and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated, then add Demi glacé . Remove from the heat and keep warm.
- Heat the oil in a separate skillet over medium-high heat. Fry steaks for 3-5 minutes per side, or to your desired degree of doneness. Remove to a plate, and let rest for a few minutes. Slice bison, and top with mushrooms and sauce to serve.