Bison Sausage and Peppers
Bison Italian Sausage with Peppers and Onions
One bite of this and I’m transported back to walking the county fairgrounds looking for the perfect sausage sandwich.
- 5 bison Italian sausages
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large green pepper, julienned
- 5 whole wheat hoagie buns
- 4 cup water
- Chef’s Tip: Drizzle a little warm marinara sauce over the top of the peppers for a slightly messy, but utterly delicious, eating experience!
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Add sausages, and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook until sausages have reached an internal temperature of 160°, or 5-7 minutes.
- In a non-stick skillet, heat vegetable oil on high, and add the onions and peppers. Sautée to brown, about 3-4 minutes. Keep warm.
- Remove sausages from hot water, and place in hoagie buns. Top with sautéed onions and peppers, and enjoy.