Baked Bison Sausage & Artichoke Dip
Baked Bison Hickory Sausage & Artichoke Dip
Try this twist on a great appetizer by adding High Plains Bison's hickory smoked bison sausage. It brings tortilla or pita chips to life. Or try dipping pretzel rods for a crunchy alternative.
- 1 High Plains Bison hickory smoked sausage link, ¼ inch diced
- 4 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese (packed)
- 3 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp light sour cream
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 14 oz can artichoke hearts packed in water, well drained, chopped into ¼ inch pieces
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In medium bowl, whisk 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, oregano, pepper, and garlic until blended.
- Stir in chopped artichoke hearts and diced bison sausage, and then transfer mixture into a small casserole dish. (Can be prepared one day ahead. Cover mixture and refrigerate).
- Bake dip until heated through, about 20 minutes (30 minutes if chilled).
- Preheat broiler.
- Sprinkle dip with remaining tablespoon of Parmesan cheese and paprika. Broil until cheese melts.
- Serve with tortilla chips.